Skip to main content

US election 2016: Hillary Clinton 'wins Nevada caucuses'

US presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton has won the Nevada Democratic caucuses, US media report.

Mrs Clinton was leading with 52% of the votes so far counted, compared to her rival Bernie Sanders' 48% of the vote.

She had been hoping for a big victory in Nevada where she is popular with Hispanic and minority voters.

The Republican primary is also under way in South Carolina, where frontrunner Donald Trump is trying to fend off Texas Senator Ted Cruz.

The votes could be key ahead of the "Super Tuesday" round on 1 March.

On that day, about a dozen states will choose their Republican and Democratic contenders for the 8 November presidential election, with about a quarter of all nominating delegates up for grabs.

Mrs Clinton has already declared victory in a tweet, thanking people who voted for her, saying "this is your win".

-BBC NEWS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animate using Parent Constraint Setup

‘Next Cross River governor must be from northern district’

PRINCE Goddy Jeddy-Agba, a frontline contender in the governorship race in Cross River State, spoke to select journalists on some of the burning issues in the build-up to the primaries to produce the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial candidate in the state. SAMSON EZEA was there and reports GIVEN your background and accomplishments what informed your decision to seek to govern Cross River State?    A lot of reasons could be adduced for my ambition. But I tell you today that my ambition is tied to my destiny. I say my destiny because I was born to be a catalyst. So in essence my decision is based on rendering service to my people and nothing more. More so, I would say I have been a beneficiary of the benevolence of the Almighty God in all spheres of my life.  And the best I can do to return gratitude to God is to continue to render services to the benefit of mankind, hence my decision to myself up for service. What is your position on the principle of rot...

Cinema 4D: Understanding Camera Calibration