Skip to main content

People mag names Hemsworth 'Sexiest Man Alive'


Associated Press  By MARK KENNEDY

NEW YORK (AP) — People magazine has named Chris Hemsworth the "Sexiest Man Alive" of 2014, cheering the Australian actor's rise as hammer-wielding, bone fide hunk in the "Thor" films.

Hemsworth, who also starred as Formula ONEracer James Hunt in the Ron Howard-directed "Rush" and the "Star Trek" reboots, was unveiled as the winner on Tuesday's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

When asked who he wanted to thank, Hemsworth told Kimmel his parents, "for putting this together."

He JOINS a list of hunks with the honor, including Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Patrick Swayze, Sean Connery, Ben Affleck, Channing Tatum and Adam Levine. Mel Gibson, another Australian, was the first in 1985.

The 31-year-old star of "Thor: The Dark World" and his 38-year-old wife, Elsa Pataky of "Fast and Furious 6," have THREE children. The actor's younger brother, Liam, stars in the "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."

Chris Hemsworth told People that the award "bought me a couple of weeks of bragging rights" around the house and with his wife. "I can just say to her, 'Now remember, this is what the people think, so I don't need to do the dishes anymore, I don't need to change nappies. I'm above that. I've made it now.'"



YAHOO NEWS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animate using Parent Constraint Setup

‘Next Cross River governor must be from northern district’

PRINCE Goddy Jeddy-Agba, a frontline contender in the governorship race in Cross River State, spoke to select journalists on some of the burning issues in the build-up to the primaries to produce the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial candidate in the state. SAMSON EZEA was there and reports GIVEN your background and accomplishments what informed your decision to seek to govern Cross River State?    A lot of reasons could be adduced for my ambition. But I tell you today that my ambition is tied to my destiny. I say my destiny because I was born to be a catalyst. So in essence my decision is based on rendering service to my people and nothing more. More so, I would say I have been a beneficiary of the benevolence of the Almighty God in all spheres of my life.  And the best I can do to return gratitude to God is to continue to render services to the benefit of mankind, hence my decision to myself up for service. What is your position on the principle of rot...

Cinema 4D: Understanding Camera Calibration