Skip to main content

Wimbledon 2014: Serena Williams 'wants to win more Grand Slams'

Number one seed Serena Williams is targeting more Grand Slams following her shock Wimbledon exit.
The five-time champion, 32, who lost in three sets to 24th seed Alize Cornet on Saturday, has won 17 Grand Slam titles.

I just have to always, every time I step on the court, be a hundred times better... if I'm not, then I'm in trouble

Serena Williams
She stands one behind Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova but five short of Steffi Graf's open era record of 22.
"It's something I'm obviously going to keep going for," said Williams. "It's definitely something in my mind, it's pretty important."
Play media

Serena Williams loses to Alize Cornet at Wimbledon
Cornet had never beaten a top-20 player at a Grand Slam prior to her victory against Williams on Court One.
"I think everyone in general plays the match of their lives against me," said Williams. "I just have to always, every time I step on the court, be a hundred times better. If I'm not, then I'm in trouble."
The defeat to Cornet is only the third time in 15 visits to Wimbledon that Williams has lost in the early stages.
It means she has failed to reach the quarter-finals of this year's first three Grand Slams.
The American's next chance to add to her major titles will be when she defends her US Open crown in August.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTENTIAL ENGLAND WORLD CUP 2018 STARTING XI

Joe Hart – Goalkeeper Currently still only 27, Hart definitely has atleast another World Cup left in him, and as he’s currently on of the best keepers in the Premier League, he’ll almost certainly still be at the top in 4 years, as goalkeepers tend to peak a lot later than outfield players.

Cinema 4D: Tearing Cloth effect Using Cloth Tag and Field System

THE FIRE ON 23 ROAD – FESTAC, LAGOS

A fire outbreak occured on 23 Road in Festac on Saturday the 14th, February, 2015 which is the popular Valentine's day. Jouleconcept's correspondent, Mr Juwah Awele covered the story and gave a report in form of an article about the occurrence. This can be read below: “There is fire in house 2! There were children locked inside the house…” those were the words of my elderly neighbour, Mrs A, returning from the scene of some ongoing tragedy. Immediately, my mother went for all our official documents she always keeps in a ready to go bag while, my father, brother and I set off in the direction of the blaze. On getting to the front of the close, T Close, we observed the residents of the first few houses on the left hastily withdrawing their belongings from their homes; stuffing generators, plasma TVs, gas cylinders and the works into the back seat of their cars. Some had already driven their cars away! Immediately, we realised the fire was coming from the next cl