Skip to main content

SHOCKER!! An abandoned Road for about a Decade in Ogun State


Today, the 29th of October, 2014, I saw and heard the shocker of my life regarding the actual state of an area in this country, Nigeria.
I never knew some places like this still exist and that people still actually move on bare feet in the mud just to make ends for themselves. Nigeria is a great nation; the people are a great and hardworking people, however, some bad eggs are the ones dragging the name of this great country in mud.

Precisely today, I went to a place in Ogun state, Agbara. Lusada to be specific, and I saw the road people moved on. I thought to myself as I saw people move in the mud, "these people are really suffering....and the Government has got to find something to do about this".

Democracy is termed "Government of the people, By the people and FOR THE PEOPLE". If it is actually true that we are under Democratic ruling and the meaning is what is depicts, why is the government not doing anything about this place?

I will not hesitate to commend the Government for the good work in some areas as we see the road construction going on. But every citizen has to feel the good impact of the government on them; not some certain people.

I took up this story because, when I saw that, I interviewed quite a number of people about the state of the road. It is shocking to hear that that road has been that way for about a decade now. Yes! about a decade. For some who need very plain words, it means that the road has been that way for about ten (10) years.



Now I thought to myself, the government is working, but not up to the required expectation. I said this because, those I talked with were very disappointed about the governance in their opinion.

I also was made to understand that there is a Local Government chairman, and also Counsellor in that area. Now, what are these people doing in that office?
Like I said earlier, this nation is a great one, and I am proud to be a citizen, but some bad eggs are just in the office, sitting dormant.

Please, on behalf of the people of Lusada, Agbara Ogun State, we plead to the Government to look for a solution to the problem they are facing right now. I am a "Nobody" if you would ask who is this talking, but i am just a good citizen of this country who wants a better Nigeria, tomorrow.

Thanks, God bless you and I, and God bless Nigeria.




-OJO JOSEPH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTENTIAL ENGLAND WORLD CUP 2018 STARTING XI

Joe Hart – Goalkeeper Currently still only 27, Hart definitely has atleast another World Cup left in him, and as he’s currently on of the best keepers in the Premier League, he’ll almost certainly still be at the top in 4 years, as goalkeepers tend to peak a lot later than outfield players.

Cinema 4D: Tearing Cloth effect Using Cloth Tag and Field System

THE FIRE ON 23 ROAD – FESTAC, LAGOS

A fire outbreak occured on 23 Road in Festac on Saturday the 14th, February, 2015 which is the popular Valentine's day. Jouleconcept's correspondent, Mr Juwah Awele covered the story and gave a report in form of an article about the occurrence. This can be read below: “There is fire in house 2! There were children locked inside the house…” those were the words of my elderly neighbour, Mrs A, returning from the scene of some ongoing tragedy. Immediately, my mother went for all our official documents she always keeps in a ready to go bag while, my father, brother and I set off in the direction of the blaze. On getting to the front of the close, T Close, we observed the residents of the first few houses on the left hastily withdrawing their belongings from their homes; stuffing generators, plasma TVs, gas cylinders and the works into the back seat of their cars. Some had already driven their cars away! Immediately, we realised the fire was coming from the next cl