Skip to main content

Magic Johnson 'hopes the Lakers lose every game'


SB Nation  Harrison Faigen
Legendary former Los Angeles Lakers point guard Magic Johnson has somewhat shockingly become the most recent analyst to chime in as an advocate of the Lakers tanking, telling Newsday:

"I hope the Lakers lose every game. Because if you're going to lose, lose. I'm serious... If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack... You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good [draft] pick."

This is a fairly abrupt and surprising reversal of course for Magic, who just a few months ago at Byron Scott'sintroductory press conference was saying things like this:

"Showtime's back, baby," Johnson said while pulling Scott in for a hug... "We came here today to support our brother and our former teammate and champion Byron Scott and also we're here to support the Laker organization... This is a great day for all the former Lakers as well as Lakers fans all over the world. We're just excited for what Byron will bring to the table and get back to playing Laker basketball. ... We wish we could put on a uniform for you and help you, but we're here supporting you and will support you throughout. Again, congrats to the Laker organization. You chose the right guy."

Just because Johnson now wants the Lakers to lose does not mean that he feels that things are all doom and gloom, as he continued on to say:

"The Lakers are in a good space, too, next summer if they can sign or trade for a talented guy. I'd rather be all the way bad than be in the middle."

It will be interesting to see if more fans follow along with the line of thinking that losing is the best option for the Lakers now that such a widely beloved former Laker is pushing it.


MSN NEWS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animate using Parent Constraint Setup

‘Next Cross River governor must be from northern district’

PRINCE Goddy Jeddy-Agba, a frontline contender in the governorship race in Cross River State, spoke to select journalists on some of the burning issues in the build-up to the primaries to produce the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial candidate in the state. SAMSON EZEA was there and reports GIVEN your background and accomplishments what informed your decision to seek to govern Cross River State?    A lot of reasons could be adduced for my ambition. But I tell you today that my ambition is tied to my destiny. I say my destiny because I was born to be a catalyst. So in essence my decision is based on rendering service to my people and nothing more. More so, I would say I have been a beneficiary of the benevolence of the Almighty God in all spheres of my life.  And the best I can do to return gratitude to God is to continue to render services to the benefit of mankind, hence my decision to myself up for service. What is your position on the principle of rot...

Cinema 4D: Understanding Camera Calibration